Cleo Sez

-Smile Coz' You're Worth It! ;)

Thursday 2 July 2009

Books




You know when you read a book, you usually read it from beginning to the end, from the first page to the last, from the first chapter to the very last chapter, from the prologue to the epilogue (*says to herself: "Okay I think they get the point")

What I'm tryna say is that the many people that may read books, read the exact same words and understand the story being told, they might feel the writers emotion through the words being read. But in some cases the way you interpret the book may be completely different to me.

We may have learned the same lessons from the book but we could look at that lesson from a different angle. For instance I may apply these "lessons" to my life differently to the way you would. And this has nothing to do with being clever or unclever or who's got the highest IQ. Its just that each of us are different and in that we look and see understand and conclude things differently...

The quotes you take could be different to the ones I extract. And the way you use it may be different to the way I use it.

My point is, yes we may have all read the same book but what we've learned and taken away, may be slightly different. You see if we all had the same effect once we read a book then there'd be no point in reading them.

1 comment:

  1. Quotes their amazing right? I love quotes- and i totally get what you mean - different people do extract different lessons form the same book/novel - Book clubs will confirm that!

    Nice Post! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha Think?