Cleo Sez

-Smile Coz' You're Worth It! ;)

Monday 20 July 2009

Thank You!

After my last blog entry– “Love and Appreciate”, I was thinking.... Why just say Thank You and have it be forgotten a few weeks later when you can make those two words be memorable!?

For a long time I’ve wanted to say Thank You with a difference, to surprise friends slash relatives, those who are long lost and newly found....

Surprise? You ask.
How? Well By doing something for them as either (eether) a “thank you” or “I remember you”
Why? Why not? Because people – in the past or near present- either (eether) did something for me, somehow the they managed to walk into my life and teach me, guide me, help me, or something of the sort.
I want to say “thank you” in a way that they will remember, I don’t just want to say it – because in a way that can be kinda forgotten. And I always say it and feel as though it can easily slip the mind. This time I want to make those two words memorable.
I want to be able to leave a tiny footprint on their hearts like they did to mine. I want to bring a smile to the faces that braught a smile to mine on my darkest days, I also would like to let them know that I appreciate them – and what they may have taught me, helped me with or guided me with is appreciated and that little lesson has played a little part in who I am today...


I want a lot in life - but what I want to do from now on is:
I want to be able to make a difference.
I want to say “Thank You” with a difference.
I want to make those who made me smile, smile today or tomorrow or whenever,
I want to surprise them, let them know that even though it may be years and years later= that I'm grateful today!
I want to say thank you, make you smile, and let you know that you’re an angel because you’ve left a footprint on my heart.

:)
So this is part of my Thank You - to you who helped me when I didn't think I needed the help, smiled at me and made my day, randomly shouted "Hello Beautiful" when I got lost one day, showed me a card trick at Covent Garden tube station, guided me, advised me in a "confusing situation" or just for being who you are.... Thank You :)

I think that at some stage in our lives we should all make an effort to say "Thank You" with a difference....

6 comments:

  1. Hey Shannon ....Love this post... interesting I say...

    Just wanted to say after reading it i figured that saying Thank You is sometimes not as enough as it should be- It can be more than just those two words... - I.e I'm going to get my friend (ex girlfriend) a single flower for her birthday - I never got to say thank you to her for stuff she helped me out with...

    So here's to u Shannon!!!
    Thanks
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://simplyknownastj.blogspot.com/2009/07/perpetual-struggle.html

    Thank You Shan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I smell SOMETHING LOVELY here ^!
    the above post and the link WOW! and if its directed to u Shan WOW x2

    Nice entry Tho
    THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You to you all... even you TJ! :D

    I shall let you know how the "Thank You's" are going... I've done a few but there's more...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love this blog... You make so much sense.... I look forward to the rest of your work....

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you've disappeared!! Come Back!!! Write More!!!
    J

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha Think?